Pre-Primary Care Program
2 – 4 Years
Our Bilingual Montessori Pre-Primary program supports the physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development of each child. The children strengthen speech and language development in both English and Spanish, and both fine and gross motor skills as they explore self, family and the world in which they live. Each month, new work is introduced throughout the classroom that aligns with that month’s curriculum to keep the environment fresh and interesting.
The Pre-Primary program prepares children for Primary work by exposing them to each area of the Montessori curriculum. The children learn concentration, coordination, language skills, responsibility and respect—all of which prepare them well for a successful transition into the Primary class.
Students can still be toilet training.
- Language: Pre-reading, Matching (concrete to abstract), Word-recognition, Pre-writing development
- Math: Counting activities, Concept of time, Seasons, Daily routine, Periods of the day
- Science: Direct observation and manipulation of physical properties in the areas of Life Science, Physical Science, Earth Science, and Scientific Reasoning
- Practical Life: Focus on developing order, concentration, coordination, and independence; Establishing ground rules, harmonizing the classroom, respect and care of the environment, grace and courtesy, control of movement, and creating routine which enables child to feel safe in a nurturing environment
- Sensorial: Prepares children for progression into academic work through development of observation, senses, and problem-solving skills by refining skills that help young children learn how to think, reason, and make distinctions
- Spanish: Enables children to speak and express themselves in a second language in an environment that promotes confidence and interest; Learning of numbers, body parts, songs, poems, animals, and the world around them
- Cultural: Study of people, cultures, traditions, maps, artifacts and our relationship to the universe